Welcome to the Avia La Jolla Online Application
RESIDENT SCREENING CRITERIA
Welcome to our community. Before you apply to rent an apartment, please take the time to review the following summary of our rental screening criteria. In order to qualify to rent an apartment from us, you will need to meet the requirements set forth in this document. Please be advised that this document is not intended as a complete statement of our rental criteria or policies, and that nothing contained in this document shall constitute a guarantee or representation by us that all residents and occupants currently residing in the community have met these standards. For example, there may be residents and occupants that have resided in the community prior to these requirements going into effect. In addition, our ability to verify whether an applicant meets these requirements is limited to the information we receive from various resident credit reporting services that we use. Submission of a rental application does not guarantee that you will be offered an apartment. If you have any questions about our policies or the information contained in this document, please contact one of our management team r epresentatives.
FAIR HOUSING POLICY STATEMENT
We follow all State and Federal Fair Housing laws, including but not limited to those that prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, source of income, disability, medical condition, national origin, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any arbitrary basis.
- Rental Application: A separate rental application is required from each applicant who is 18 years of age or older or an emancipated minor. The lease application must be filled out completely, truthfully, and accurately. Any false or misleading statement or material omission made on your lease application, whether or not discovered before you move into an apartment, is grounds for denial of your rental application or termination of an existing tenancy. A rental application will not be considered complete until a separate application for each adult or emancipated minor has been fully completed and signed and all application fees have been paid.
- Application Fee: Each applicant is required to submit an application screening fee to cover the costs of obtaining information about the applicant and processing the application. Application screening fees are non-refundable, except to the extent the law may provide otherwise.
- Positive Identification: Each applicant must present a valid government-issued photo identification.
- Occupancy Guidelines: To prevent overcrowding and undue wear and tear to our apartments, we restrict the number of people who may reside in an apartment. In determining these restrictions, we comply with all applicable fair housing laws. Our occupancy standards are based on two persons per bedroom, plus one person per apartment.
- Income Requirements: You must have the ability to pay the rent. Applicants must have a combined monthly gross income of at least 2.5 times the amount of the monthly base rent for the apartment. All lawful, verifiable sources of income will be considered. If you are a recipient of public assistance or a government rent subsidy, the income requirement will be based on the portion of rent to be paid by the tenant.
- Credit History: You must be able to demonstrate financial responsibility. A credit report for each applicant who is 18 years of age or older will be obtained from a third-party credit reporting agency. Your credit history (or lack thereof) will affect your eligibility to rent an apartment, as well as the amount of the security deposit that that we will require as a condition of renting an apartment to you. Unfavorable conditions that may negatively influence your credit history include, but are not limited to: bankruptcies, unpaid collection accounts, charge-offs, repossessions, and current or recent delinquencies.
- At least 1 applicant must have a credit score of above 720 to have their application approved.
- 720+ = 1 Month Deposit
- 730+= $895 Deposit
- 740+= $375 Deposit
- All other applicants (excluding applicant with highest score) must have an average score of 649.
- Rental History: A rental history screening will be conducted for all applicants, examining leasing and payment history information including but not limited to prior evictions, judgments, and outstanding rental balances with current or prior landlords, to the extent permissible under California law. Your rental history may affect your eligibility to rent an apartment.
- Bankruptcy: Applicants who have filed for bankruptcy may be required to provide proof that the bankruptcy court has entered a discharge order. Applicants showing a negative credit after a bankruptcy court discharge will be declined.
- Affordable Housing Program: If you are applying to rent an apartment that is part of an Affordable Housing Program, additional and/or different requirements will apply. Units subject to an Affordable Housing Program are governed by federal and state laws and a regulatory agreement. Please contact the leasing office for further information regarding any Affordable Housing units in our community and the requirements for those units.
- Executive Order: The United States government prohibits us from doing business with certain persons and entities who commit, threaten to commit or support terrorism. These persons and entities are on a list regulated by the Department of the Treasury and Office of Foreign Asset Control (“OFAC”). If you are on this list, you do not qualify to rent an apartment from us.
- Notice to or from Co-Applicants: Any notice that we give you or your co-applicant(s) is considered notice to all co-applicants and any notice from you or your co-applicant(s) is considered notice from all co-applicants.
- Authorization to Verify Information: By submitting an application to rent, you authorize us to verify the information that you provide through any means. In this regard, you consent to allow the owner, its agents and employees to obtain your credit information, payment history, occupancy history, criminal history, and income verification for the purpose of: (a) verifying your information, (b) evaluating your qualifications for residency, (c) determining, after you have entered into a lease, whether you continue to meet our residency qualifications, (d) taking collection action against you, and/or (e) for any other legitimate purpose associated with your application or tenancy under a lease. You further consent that the owner, its agents and employees may give credit reporting agencies any of the following: (a) your rental application and other information that you have provided or we have obtained in the application process; (b) information about the performance of your obligations under any lease you have entered into, (c) information regarding collection actions against you, and (d) sufficient identification information that we deem necessary to identify you to any such reporting agencies. As required by law, you are hereby notified that a negative credit report reflecting on your credit record may be submitted to a credit agency if you fail to fulfill the terms of your credit obligations.
- Adverse Action: An applicant who is denied based on credit will be given an adverse action notice in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. section 1681, et seq. The denial letter will notify the applicant of his/her rights, including obtaining a free copy of the tenant screening report and initiating a dispute of any information in a tenant screening report that applicant believes is inaccurate or incomplete
- Electronic Signatures. You agree that signatures (by you or us) transmitted by facsimile, e-mail or any other electronic imaging means on this resident screening criteria, your rental application, any lease you may sign (including any lease addenda or attachments), and any lease guaranty shall have the same force and effect as an original signature. You and your guarantor, if any, may request a physical (paper) copy from us of any document that you or your guarantor have signed at the time the document is signed or at any time during a lease.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT: Signing this acknowledgement indicates that you have had the opportunity to review our resident selection criteria. The resident selection criteria may include factors such as criminal history, credit history, current income, and rental history. If you do not meet the selection criteria, or if you provide inaccurate or incomplete information, your application may be rejected and your application fee will not be refunded.
By choosing "I Agree" and continuing to the application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand all of the above information.
Please choose "I Agree" to continue to the application.